Preservation Net Script (as of 5/2018)
Please read through the script to become familiar with it prior to doing the net. This is a suggested scripted guideline for hosting The 220 MHz Guys Preservation Net™. Please feel free to change the order, and/or add Amateur Radio related announcements, comments, etc. Be sure to I.D. the Net and Station (WM9W Club repeater), and conduct yourself in a manner that is appropriate, and within the FCC rules and regulations that govern our Amateur radio community.
01. Good Evening fellow Amateur Radio Operators! Especially to all of you 220 MHz enthusiasts! Welcome to the 220 MHz Guys Amateur Radio Clubs’ Saturday Night 220 MHz Original Preservation Net! This net commences every Saturday night at 9:00 pm local time. Our mission... and we proudly choose to accept it; is to promote and encourage activity on our precious 220 MHz band! Our Goal? - We like to make the radio hobby fun!
My name and call sign are _____________, and I am your net controller for this evening. Please note this is a directed net. So, please refer all calls to Net Control. We will not have any scheduled pauses for emergency traffic, but we will yield the air to any breaking emergency. With that in mind, please leave room between all check-ins and transmissions to allow for any emergency traffic.
[This is the WM9W Repeater, Chicago. (Please identify this every 10 minutes)]
A Question for the Net? – [Only if you have one, this is not mandatory.]
03. Call for Stations on Short Time. – [Anywhere in the alphabet, get them in and out quickly. Instruct to please use standard phonetics, and to give their information slowly. Obtain call sign, name, and their location.]
04. Call for any EchoLink Stations. – [Be sure to take standbys throughout the net and check for any EchoLink Stations. Be sure to get their locations.]
05. Call for Club Officers and Directors.
06. Call for QRP (Handhelds) and Mobile/Portable Stations.
07. Call for General Check-ins.
08. Net Control Announcements. –
The Good Guys Saturday Morning Meet & Greet Breakfast is held every Saturday at P. J. Klem's Restaurant, located at 8000 W. Ogden Ave. in Lyons, IL. It starts around 8:30, and can sometimes go on through lunch, and end in the middle of the afternoon.
VE sessions are held on the first, third, and when it happens, fifth Saturday of the month. If you are testing with us all you need are $15, the correct number of answers for the test, and a photo ID. To pass the test you need the correct number of answers; and if you are upgrading your license, you need to submit a copy of your current amateur radio license to the VE team.
Check our club website for maps, directions and other details.
The Club Website is www.wm9w.org. The Club E-Mail is: email@example.com. We have Facebook and Twitter Pages, and The Good Guys Hotline is 708-257-4438, and you’ll be speaking directly with our Vice President Steve, KB9DSQ. Our snail mail is: The 220 MHz Guys, P.O. Box 388148, Chicago, Illinois 60638.
We also have an affiliated repeater; KB9NTX at 224.300, negative offset 1600 KHz, PL 110.9 Hz.
[Make mention of other local club nets, meetings, etc. Announce any upcoming ham fests (check the website), and other local amateur radio activities.]
09. Time for Hap and the RAIN Report. – [Run the RAIN report no later than 9:35. If no RAIN report available, call for more check-ins, and announcements. Reference the website – www.therainreport.com for further information. Be sure to thank Hap, he's the best!]
10. Swap and Shop. - Anyone looking to buy, sell, trade, or give anything away, or perhaps if you are looking for that rare specialty Item. Christmas is just around the corner. [Note: Controllers must read this disclaimer on the air: “The 220 MHz Guys Amateur Radio Club, or the Net Controller, are not responsible for any transactions that take place; Period! There is to be no discussion or haggling of prices over the Repeater!”]
11. [Call for Late and Final Check-ins.]
12. [Ending the Net] – The 220 MHz Good Guys would like to thank everyone for their participation tonight. The Good Guys would like you to please promote and encourage the use of our precious 220 MHz band. Remember... If we don’t use it, we’ll lose it!
Please join us again next week at this same time on the WM9W club repeater at 224.520, with a negative offset, for The 220 MHz Guys Amateur Radio Clubs’ Original Preservation Net...”! This concludes the Net. This is [name and call sign], saying "73" to all. I will now return the repeater back to normal operation. This is the WM9W Repeater - Chicago!
Last updated: 5/28/2018
Please contact Steve Hill - KB9DSQ, our Net Control Coordinator, if you are interested in being a Guest Net Controller for any of our Nets.